Speedy Romeo in Bed-Stuy in Brooklyn NY

For my last meal in NY on this trip, just hours before the taxi was to come around to pick me up, Megan and i went to Speedy Romeo, 376 Classon Ave Bed-Stuy Brooklyn NY 11238. Megs told me the back story on this place. Two guys went to school together, college. They used to enjoy traveling and eating at various places. After they graduated, they lost touch as most do but then reunited. Having mutual experiences with pizza in Italy, they decided to open up their own place. The pizza here is created in a brick oven. We ordered a simple cheese and tomato pizza (no red sauce). We also shared the Ceasar and I had a Pellegrino Grapefruit Soda. I never shook that don't drink the LA tap water prejudice. of course, the water in NY is excellent and everyone drinks it. All the kitchens we ate in used it in their prep. Superb meal with a superb friend. Within hours, I was at JFK, starting my journey to Barcelona.

Comments

Popular Posts