Mikes Diner in Castaic






Artist Jeffrey James Mohr has been raving about Mike's Diner for a while now. When he goes dirt biking in the desert, his crew stops by this trucker's paradise when they're on their way back to LA. It's located off of the 5 north of Magic Mountain. You take Lake Hughes Road and it's just a block south of the off ramp. First off, it's often hard to love someplace after hearing how amazing it is for several years. But, in this case, it went totally over expectations. This is a foodies cafe, full of history, local charisma, lived in decor and a really genius in food preparation. I mean, they make three kinds of salsa and fry their own chips. It's amazing. The couple next me, who are regulars said "bring him the green sauce!" I am indebted to them because that was my favorite. The menu is huge with your diner classics like chicken fried steak, burgers, great breakfasts but they have a huge Mexican food menu and amazing seafood. My server, who was awesome and sweet, recommended the Shrimp Fajita's. The Fajita's were perfectly grilled, with peppers, onions and jumbo shrimp. The tortillas were steamed perfectly, not soggy and didn't cool off quickly, they stayed off long enough to devour. I could not resist dessert, seeing b split on the menu.They were out of chocolate so she substituted it with Chocolate Chip Mint which may not sound good but it ended up being amazing. I can't wait to go to this place again. I was told that the 7 Seafood Soup is amazing.

Comments

Popular Posts