Billys Deli and Cafe in Redondo Beach






Early in the morning last week, I visited Isabella Cookie's in Redondo Beach to do some field recordings. I'm developing a two hour sound loops for the Coolhaus Ice cream Truck for this years Soundwalk in the LBC. After wards, I was hungry for some breakfast and found this OG diner just down the block from Isabella's. Billys Deli and Cafe is located at 5160 West 190th Street, Torrance CA 310-371-0168. Service was awesome and the ambiance was from a bygone era. I ordered the waffle and ham scrambled eggs special. Extremely affordable and old school diner-licious, this meal was awesome. I read this interview with artist William Leavitt while eating which seemed to be the perfect vernacular for this place and the meal. No nonsense waffles and they had choices of syrup. I poured the blueberry.

Comments

Popular Posts