Balconi Coffee Company on Olympic off Sawtelle




Artist Kio Griffith told me that Balconi Coffee was re-opening but it took me a while to drop by. It's located off of Sawtelle on Olympic at 11301 West Olympic Blvd #124, West LA, CA 90064, 310-906-0267. Kio is also curating the shows up on the wall. It's been around 2 years since Ray closed his doors off of Santa Monica Blvd. That place had a very loyal clientele, so I'm told that the regulars are back and in full force and always open to welcome new friends. I drove there last Saturday and when I looked through the door, there was bassist David Ritter. I just busted up. How cool, yes, the regulars are back!!!! The siphon coffee was awesome as it always was at the old place. David recommended the Costa Rican blend and it was a perfect re-introduction to Ray's mastery. Welcome back all around!

Comments

Popular Posts