Animal on Farifax






Megan DeArmond told me about this place quite a while ago. The name says it all and I finally partook this past weekend. Kaoru Mansour and I released our first CD, Ear Diorama Ear (plug, plug) and we wanted to celebrate so I picked Animal. She had never been either. Parking for $6 is all over the place, no biggie. Walked in the narrow store and the place was already hoping. Reservations are required because they are that popular but absolutely devoid of stuffy attitude. The service was awesome. It's a place for meat lovers and open minds. You know that walking in and they appreciate that. What did we order? That was not easy because they have a lot to choose from. Alaskan Halibut with corn, wild fennel and lobster butter; Potato Agnolott with rabbit sausage, baby broccoli and olive oil; Crispy Rabbitt Legs with meyer lemon, ailoli and green beans, Poutine with oxtail, gravy, and cheddar; and I had a Hercules Double IPA (Kaoru does not drink and had the sparkling water). I text later to jeffe "I'm so full I can't remember my name". It was a perfect way to celebrate the release of our CD and enjoy a meal with a friend. We did walk around the block before we left just to revive our brains but wow, that high lasted 24 hours for me.

Comments

Popular Posts