Tommy's



I was a vegetarian for two years. That was a very long time ago. A series of events lead me to it. It was a physical reaction to things I observed and not so much for philosophical reasons. Anyway, after two years of that, I got hungry for meat again and the first thing I ate was Tommy's burger. I had missed eating those chili burgers that I grew up with. The original location is at 2575 West Beverly Blvd, 213-389-9060. It's on the corner of Beverly and Rampart near Belmont High School. I bring friends from out of town there all the time. Now, they have Tommy's all over the place.

My Aunt had to bring food for a potluck at her office today. She left early in the morning and got boxes of the burgers. She gave me three and I ate two of them for lunch today. They are delicious. The fresh onions and tomato are cut thick. The chili is delicious.

I saw them carry out the bucket of chili once from the kitchen to the corner stand. It took two guys to carry it out. I won't go into details but it wasn't a sight for the faint at heart.

Comments

Popular Posts