Blair's and Zanzabelle

I had just finished running an artist selection panel and was drained, hungry, and needed to just get out of the building. Everyone had already had lunch so I got in my car and started driving. I found myself in Silverlake on Rowena. I parked on a corner where I knew were a lot of places to eat and walked into Blair's, 2903 Rowena Ave LA CA 90039, 323-660-1882. Never heard of it, never been. I ordered a delicous salad. I'm sorry but I didn't have my camera so I've got no image to share with you. I was also so tired, I don't remember what kind of salad I ordered. I remember it had fresh lettuces of various types, roasted nuts and some mandarines.

It was good portion but not overwhelming. I also ordered mineral water. It was not the usual name brands but an Italian mineral water that had a cartoony illustrated label. The service was excellent. They were very attentive and detail oriented. Maybe I looked so drained, they felt sorry for me? One thing I remembered was that the two guys sitting across my table seemed to be discussing strategies for some business project. It sounded like an ad pitch. Only one of the two was actually talking, non-stop for the entire 40 minutes I was there. I felt so sorry for the other guy. I was thinking, what if this guys actually has the best idea but is never given the chance to interject it? How silly would that be? From what I could here, the guy doing all the talking was just putting his spin on the obvious and even cliche items in anyone's business plan. It was like a skit from MAD TV.

I left Blair's and walked across the street. Having ate a delicious meal, I had regained my brain function. Oh yes, now I remember where I am. Zanzabelle's right here!. I walked in and ordered a chocolate capuccino ice cream and a peanut butter-carmel chocolate bar. Life was good.

Comments

Popular Posts