Pasty

In LA, you drive around a lot, so there's an art to seeing things out of the corner of your eye. That's what happened to me yesterday. I was near the Los Alamitos Horse Racing Track on my way to my sons basketball game. I noticed a very retro-looking cafe that had "Chicken Pot Pies" written on the front. I love chicken pot pies. When we were really little, my brother and I used to heat up the frozen style chicken pot pies and eat them for snacks. It was a great TV snack.

Pasty's is located at 3641 Katela Avenue, Los Alamitos CA 90720, 562-431-9747. Actually, it's not a cafe. There's nowhere to sit. I guess you can eat it standing up or just take home with you. I ate mines in my car.



The chicken and meat pot pies at Pasty are types you hand hold, like a pocket sandwhich. The outside crust is substantial and has a great bready/ pie crust taste. The chicken and potato insides are delicous and filling.

Comments

CAFE LA LA said…
Alan it was great seeing you.
This is a great food blog.
Laura and I went to get the english style pot pies in Los Alamitos -- we have noticed that
place for 20 years and had never tried them.
We also like California Wok in Los Alamitos if you are ever in the area.
Is Jorge one of your friends who does not think that Versailles is authentic?
I like Versailles as well as Felix's in the city of Orange but I have no knowledge of Cuban food.

thanks

Craig
CAFE LA LA said…
Hi Craig,

Yup, Jorge (Pardo) said that to me. I ahev never been to Cuba nor have I had an authetnic family dinner at a Cuban families house so I wouldn't know. So I'll take his word for it. It's one reason i would like to go to Cuba or maybe Florida.

Popular Posts