News Cafe


When I was working with the City of El Monte on their Metrolink Station in 1996, we used to have breakfast meetings at the News Cafe, 11357 East Valley Blvd., El Monte CA 91731, 626-443-2603. It's a great place, very friendly service and the food is solid cafe food. I remember the pancakes and sausages being really good.

Yesterday, my co-worker and musician/photographer Peter Watkinson had just finished documenting a new project of ours in El Monte and needed some sugar. It had been ten years since the last time I was at the News Cafe. I ordered a banana split and Peter ordered a apple pie ala mode. We left that place very happy with a great sugar high.

The waitress was very sweet. She even cut fresh pineapples and strawberries for my b-split. How could you not love that? They only had vanilla ice cream, the most popular ice cream in the world.

Comments

Popular Posts