Some Crust



I had never been to Claremont until the early 90's when I was assigned to work on a mural there. My co-worker, a graduate of one of the Claremont Collages brought me to Some Crust Bakery, 119 Yale, Claremont CA 91711, 909-621-9772. Some Crust is fairly well known and a kind of a must stop by when you're in the neighborhood of the Indian Hill exit off the 10 Freeway.

Everything so good there. I was in the "neighborhood" this weekend on my way back from Joshua Tree. This time, I got the oatmeal raisin scone. I love scones. The crust is crunchy but thin and when you bite into it, the crust gives way and you get this tender cake-like scone. It's not too sweet but on the sweet-side of the sweet scale.

Comments

Unknown said…
My all time favorite bakery. Just reading this post makes me want to take a trip out to Claremont. Mmmmm!
CAFE LA LA said…
Yeah, they really know how to bake over there. I'm told the Buster Dog Biscuits are good too but I have never tried them.

Popular Posts