The Kitchen Table in New Orleans







 I was hungry, very west of the French Quarters and drove up to this corner with two places to eat. I was so hungry, it took me a while to decide which place to go to. I chose The Kitchen Table which is located at 70005 Sasint Claude Avenue Arabi LA 70032.

I walk in and look at the menu. I needed a salad, so I got one with steak but saw they had gumbo and ordered a cup. OMG! This was my friend's Mom's gumbo. It was incredible, sensational and profound. A week later I had breakfast to tell my friend about it. I knew his Mom was from Texas but it turns out her family was from around Louisiana. How about that? It made me so happy.

I still had room. for dessert but didn't want anything too heavy. Mango Ice Cream. I ordered it and it was some fancy ice cream! So good and bold with no sugar shock or overly creamy after taste.

I got to meet the chef who was quite modest. I hope I get to go back to NOLA someday so I can try that gumbo again. 

Comments

Popular Posts