Hey Coffee in New Orleans






 This was my best coffee experience during my first time in New Orleans a couple of weeks ago. I looked at the map and thought I'd try this place. It was my first day in New Orleans. I rented a car so I could go anywhere I wanted during the 6 day visit. 

As I drove closer to the shop, I noticed a long narrow park stretched across several blocks. What struck me was how close the young planted trees were to each other. People were using the greenway; walking their dog, riding their bike, jogging, etc. 

It turns out this is the Lafitte community and the Lafitte Greenway seems to have really blossomed this neighborhood. I would end up going to an art event later in my stay in the park.

Hey Coffee is across the street from the Greenway at 2606 St Louis Street, New Orleans LO. Next door is a cafe and a bagel bakery.

The moment I entered Hey Coffee, the Barista shouted out a hearty welcome, making me feel at home and at ease. Again, it's my first time in NOLA.

They roast. their own coffee and the owner and his family have a farm near the airport, which is named after Louis Armstrong, which I really appreciate.

They had just baked some blueberry muffins so i ordered one with my coffee.

The coffee was so good, i ended up buying five bags as gifts for my family. I kept one and am in fact drinking a cup as I type this blog. So there's that. LOL it is absolutely delicious!!!

Comments

Popular Posts