Big O's Popsicle in New Orleans LO

 










I didn't spend much time in the French Quarters, arguably the most famous neighborhood in New Orleans. However, immediately North, like I guess it's within the French Quarters is a street that parallels the Mississippi River. You can't see it from the road but it's there. in fact, along the edge there are two bridges. One looks like a modern geometric origami shape and the other is like the top of a wheel. I parked and checked out both and they both span over a multi-track rail yard and into a long greenway park. In the neighborhood one of the bridges spans to is this area. It's about five blocks away from the French Quarters i would say. I saw the Popsicle sign on my way to the park's or bridge's parking lot so concluding checking out the bridge, i decided to get a snack. I passed by a cool looking record shop, which closed by the time I came back around unfortunately. Bog O's Popsicle started as a cart operation and then really took off during the Pandemic. Now it's in the community space which was having a members only or neighborhood residents only event. It was muggy so the popsicle was a perfect snack. I chose the Vanilla Heath Bar. There was a patio to the left so i planted myself in one of the chairs and ate my popsicle. The event had some live music playing so I enjoyed that. I realized i was sitting next to what might be the original Big O's popsicle cart. NOLA is like that, you have to pay attention because you might miss the clues, the artifacts and the stories. i didn't miss that popsicle, though. It was gone in a blink of the eye. This place is located at 1201 St Roch Avenue, New Orleans LA 70117.

Comments

Popular Posts