l'arrousseria in Poblenou, BCN Spain

After my first visit to the Hangar, an awesome art space in Poblenou, a group of us (visual artists, experimental music composers and writers) decided to go out to eat dinner. Dinner around here is like 8pm. This is one of the reasons I need to walk more than I need to ride the subway. Anyway, there seemed to be some confusion about where to eat and the group decided on this one place l'arrousseria, rbla. del Poblenou 99-08005 BCN. The animated servers seemed to cast a shadow of distrust on my friends. i thought it was funny but they felt that this is probably a tourist trap rather than an authentic place to grab a bite to eat a BCN meal. There's always this push and pull with the locals since tourism has become the main economy here. I ordered the fish soup, which was quite salty. That's never a good sign. it means 1) they really want you to drink alcohol for the profit margin and/or 2) the seafood is not entirely fresh and therefore needs all that salt to resemble something from the sea. They brought the bread and Lluis taught me how to apply the tomato, garlic and olive oil. It's a simple treatment but with the right ingredients, can be extremely delicious and refreshing. However, my friends mentioned that the tomatoes where not the correct tomatoes. Well, there's something to be said about the "right" company, because regardless of the criticism, I had a great time.

Comments

Popular Posts