Churros y Cocolate in Barcelona

A number of BCN locals told me about the tradition of freshly fried churros with hot chocolate. Near the Gothic corridor, I spotted a very small shop specializing in these snacks, a true Mom & Pop store. Counter space only and I was the only guy in there if that means anything. Through smiling, pointing and gesturing, I ordered one each. there were choices but I just nodded with no idea. What dumb tourist I was. Due in part to everyone's tolerance and kindness, i totally felt at home. The sugar voyeur from LA. Well, pretty incredible. These churros, fresh out of the pan were not greasy but crunchy on the outside and fluffy in the inside. I didn't realize there would be so many in one order but no complaints here. I ate every single one and that hot chocolate was, again, more like pudding or in this case a dipping sauce. I'd never had churros like that before. Splendid mid day snack.

Comments

Popular Posts