Bamboo on Venice Blvd





Bamboo is at 10835 Venice Blvd. LA CA 90034, 310-287-0668. I hadn't been here since the early 90's. I remember I saw Ray Don Chong there; very beautiful. So today, when I get there about 5PM. No one was there. It was weird. I think it's a late night place. There's a bar, the main dining room and the interior is very pleasant and a bit romantic. The servers were great and very friendly. Oh, there's also an outdoor seating area that looks like it would be awesome during the day or summer. It was over cast and a little on the cool side tonight so I took a table inside. I ordered the stuffed mushroom which was outstanding. It was a ball of minced herbs and spices with sauteed mushrooms. The whole thing breaded and fried just danced in my mouth. It comes with a cream and cucumber dip on the side. When the plate came to the table, it looked so understated, I was really kinda shocked but it turned out to be really great. My main course was the Chicken Milanesa, a thin breaded grilled chicken with sauce that was pretty good. The sides were filling; rice, black beans and plantains. It's a very pleasant place, affordable and not over the top.

Comments

Popular Posts