Nana's





Well, this isn't a place you're going to be able to go eat. I mean, it's not a restaurant. It's Mike and Ale's house where Nana cooks. Nana raised all of Ale's sisters and all of the nieces and nephews. She's an amazing person, a beautiful woman and a magical chef. Nana introduced me to mole. I've mentioned her before on this blog. Well, Ale emailed me two weeks ago and the last sentence was "Nana wants to know when you're coming over to have mole". Instantly, I booked a motel online, asked my boss for some time off and BAM! I'm in SD.

Here are pix of the great meal we had. Mike and Ale, sisters, Juan Pablo, Terry the neighbor, Giustina, Andrea, Joanna who calls herself the back sheep of the family and is unaware of how beautiful she is, the kids, Mike the Poet, James Paligutan and friend and myself. It was alot of fun. This is what dinner is suppose to be like. Our moment where all these friends and family converge and explode with fun and information while enjoying food that is perfect and made with a great deal of passion and love.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Of course Nana's is incredible. I envy you - I miss the mole instantly. And I miss the amazing cakes Nana made. The last time I had it was probably more than 15 years ago. I need to beg her to do it again next time I visit SD to Alessandra and her amazing family.
Young Mi said…
i envy you, too! i've not seen Ale in...forever! Nana hasn't aged at all, it seems! such a tranquil soul.
CAFE LA LA said…
Thank you both for your comments.

Popular Posts