Big Kitchen in SD



I had so much fun at Big Kitchen in the South Park area of San Diego. Located at 3003 Grape St San Diego CA 92102, www.bigkitchencafe.com , this is a true community hangout filled with a lot of love.

I ordered the Garlic Fritata. Roasted fritata in large portions. I had never had a fritata before. Round like a pancake, it's different from an omelet. It's got a dry texture, hearty and filling. Big Kitchen also has a great orange juice. I met a really cool guy named Don who is a former cannabis activist. We talked for an hour. Don saw my Chrome bag and we talked for another while about bicycling. That night happened to be Midnight Madness, a once a year fundraiser where 2,000 bicyclists converge in Downtown SD for a 17 mile ride. I borrowed a friends bike and we took over the road from midnight to 2:00 AM. It was a blast. They even give you a number patch like in a marathon. My number was 1 69 1. I was a little embarrassed.

Comments

Popular Posts