Ed's Coffee Shop




Ed's Coffee Shop, 460 Robertson Blvd, LA CA 310-659-8625, has been open since 1960. That's a long time for LA. I was introduced to this place by artist Steve R. in the early 80's. Steve grew up in the B Hills community. Back then he was a punker and had a fantastic wardrobe. He was the lead vocalist for the LA punk band the Seditionaries. Anyway, It was fun to hang out with him because he always had cool clothes and was and is a really nice guy.

I walked into Ed's recently after not having been there for atleast 15 years. They make a great breakfast burrito titled "Ed's Special Breakfast Burrito" which consists of scrambled eggs, cheese, and salsa on a toasty flour tortilla. It also comes with great homefries. I had a coffee and afterwards ordered their blackberry pie. This pie really kicks ass! Homemade, flaky crust and the filling is not too sweet. It's just right. I think back in the day with Steve, I would have been able to finish this whole meal but now-a-days, I leave a piece of pie on my plate. it was really good and the folks who run it are fun.

Back in the day, there was a counter but looks like there was a fire a while back and they had to remodel. They got rid of the counter and opened it up. I love counters but it does feel much more open now.

Comments

Popular Posts