Colori Kitchen




At 429 West 8th Street LA CA, 213-622-5950 is a brand new restaurant so wonderful, I almost hesitated to tell you. But, you've hung in there with me for 99 eateries so "Colori Kitchen" is today's entry.

Drummer Chirs Torres was boasting about their minestrone soup for a while now. "Hey mann, a new place just opened up and it's awesome".

Greek? Italian? I am not sure what the ethnographics is here but we ordered pasta this afternoon.

Alright, first of all, they have a beautiful bread. It looks like they bake it on the premises. I didn't confirm this but it's that delicious, rich inner with a crusty crunchy crust. I ordered the special which was a pumpkin ravioli. WOW!!! Hearty aldente pasta and the filling reminded me of Baklava.

The interior is very cool, like something from Readymade magazine and the people their ooze with delight and pride in what they serve. There's a woman who runs the place. She reminds me of an old friend of mine, Isabella from Italy. I wonder how Isabella is doing? "Come bella" (did I say that right?)

Comments

Popular Posts