Homegirl Cafe



The first time I went to the original Homegirls, it wasn't called Homegirls. I think it was Metro Cafe. It's part of the Homeboys campaign; a community campaign. It was originally right across the street from Mariachi Plaza. Now it's in East Chinatown @ 130 W. Bruno St., Los Angeles, CA 90012; (323) 526-1254 ext. Homeboys moved all of their offices and the cafe to a new building just across the street from the Chinatown Station.

The food here is fresh. They use jicama a lot which is so crispy and juicy. The salads are awesome but I like the mole dish.

I've had breakfast there a couple of times ordering coffee and cupcakes. You can ask for them to heat the muffins. Oh yeah, the soup is awesome. Bring a big group so you can sample lots of stuff off the exciting menu.

The GREEN POTION is a must.

I only have pix of the older location but will get some new ones of the new location soon.



Comments

Popular Posts