Beverly Soon Tofu



In the mid 80's, I went to Beverly Soon Tofu for the first time with my girlfriend. Back then, it was on Beverly but now-a-days it's at 2717 West Olympic Blvd #108, Los Angeles CA 90006, 213-380-1113. She and I loved to eat spicy food. That night, I had Soon Tofu for the first time. I ordered the hottest one they had. It was a religous experience and a sauna wrapped up in one memorable and perhaps life-changing moment. I believe during the meal, a light from the culinary heaven came into the room and shinned on me. I am not joking. I am serious.

I've tried about five other places since but Beverly Soon Tofu is by far my favorite. The Soon Tofu is the best but also all the side dishes they serve before the Soon Tofu are the best as well. What do i mean by best? I mean it's the freshest, deepest, heartfelt and soulful of the Soon Tofu places I've tried. If someone's visitng from out of town and they love spicey food, I will most likely reccomend this place.

BEV, one of the bands I am in is named after this place. It's that good.

Comments

Popular Posts