R & R Soul Food in Carson CA





I've been the artist in residence at CalState University Dominguez Hills' Gerth Archives for almost a year and a half now and no one had told me about R & R Soul Food. It's unbelievable. How could this be?

I'd been looking at it as I drive by. It's in the same mall as Ken's Ice Cream. The other night, before a lecture for an English Class I'm collaborating with, I stopped by and ordered the Ox Tail Stew.

Let me just say, that, it says something, when a meal almost makes you cry.

The Red Beans and Rice were rich without being heavy and those greens were excellent.

I can't wait to go back and try more items on the menu. This is now one of my favorite places to eat in LA. Located at 18427 Avalon Blvd, Carson CA 90746 (across the street from the Galaxy's Soccer Stadium)

PART TWO:




Between the first time and this time, I did have the Fried Catfish which was excellent. This time, which was last week, I ordered the Smothered Chicken. Honestly, I didn't exactly understand what I was ordering, i'm just trying to sample the maple over time. What I learned was that this is basically the next level for friend chicken. I got the dinner, which comes with three sides. i selected Greens (of course), mac n Cheese and the Cabbage.

When the server brings the food to your table and says, "You're gonna need a take out box when you're done". It's kind of challenge. You know what? Don't challenge me. Stop it! I'm not some young teenager anymore. LOL 

BUT, I ate all of it. Should I have had dinner before my presentation at CalState University Dominguez Hills across the street? Could I have been wiser and agreed, yes, two take out boxes please.

That's just not how I am wired. I was fine during the presentation but afterwards, food coma/ fatigue hit me hard. i don't think i ate anything till the next afternoon. it was glorious though.

Comments

Popular Posts