Fireside Tavern in Chicago Il

This was an odd experience. I was on my way to an experimental music non-profit but got there an hour early. I asked some folks walking their dog if there was anywhere they could recommend for a quick lunch and they pointed me to Fireside Tavern, 5739 N Ravenswood Ave, Chicago, IL 60660. I walked in and there were maybe one other table with folk. I was there right before the lunch deluge. They were understaffed and getting ready for a huge reservation of folks. Being on vacation, my mode was much slower than the staff's frantic pace. The anticipation was so thick in the air. I got my salad, ate it and walked to my meeting. I suspect my experience was not of the true nature of this place. I think I caught them on a difficult morning. The salad was good. I can see that it would be a great place with friends during happy hour or brunch on the weekends. Anyway, I am neutral on this place. until next time.

Comments

Popular Posts