Filter Coffee in Washington DC, Froggy Bottom

Not sure what "Froggy Bottom" is. Maybe it's what this neighborhood is called? The address is 1916 I St NW, Washington, DC 20006. It's close to George Washington University so I picked it on a whim. DC, no surprise, has a lot of folks who work in politics and randomly sitting in a coffee house in our Nations Capitol, the two guys next to me where talking about what it was like to work in the US Embassy office somewhere in South Africa. The tone of the conversation smelled like colonization, which surprised me. I guess I'm naive. I figured someone doing that sort of job would have more street sense but in this case, that was not. Any-who, the coffee was delicious but that pastry died hours before. The coffee was a seasonal roast with hints of oat meal. I liked it very much and the caffeine fix served me well for me lecture an hour later.

Comments

Popular Posts