Mannu Korean BBQ in Korea town

LAst night was the end of our exhibition at Document Coffee Bar, L.A. Pix; Still. They had taken the artwork down and neatly packeaged it for pick up. The good folk of Document took me out for dinner after they closed shop. We ended up walking down to Manna Korean BBQ 3986 Wilshire Blvd LA CA 90010. Now, in the back of my mind, I had never been there because years and years ago, a friend of mine told me it was very bad quality meat but I was up for it. The place was packed. Oh,on the way there in one of the other restaurants was wall to wall young boys in baseball uniforms. It was the Little league Korean Team, so cute. Anyway, we sat down at Manna and the service was good and food look good, we started cooking and the condiments were fresh. i ahd to avoid much of the Bancha due to salt. There was plenty to eat and i only used the sesame oil for dip. We ate so much. I was ready to float away afterwards or sink to the bottom, one or the other. Yes, there was salt but I felt I managed fairly well, considering. It was so delicious and the company was awesome. it had been five months since they opened. The learning curve is curving but I am so proud of them. They are doing so well for a brand spanking new coffee place in a fairly saturated market.

Comments

Popular Posts