Peddler's Creamery in DTLA

I rode my bike to MOCA and checked out the Urs Fischer exhibit. The portion at the Geffen is a barrage of gray clay work by participants. Wall to wall drying clay makes for a dusty and humid environment. If you weren't sure why so many people are weary of Jeffrey Deitch manning the helm at MOCA, this exhibit is a perfect show for that dialogue to flourish. Anyway, so I was in perfect thirst afterwards to partake in ice cream. Peddler's Creamery is located at 458 South Main Street, LA CA. The concept is that they peddle on a bike that's hooked up to churn the milk into ice cream. They have the original bike and they have this fun hooked up kinetic sculpture work that churns the milk in this adorned colorful room that reminds me of Chris Johannsen's work. The ice cream was yummy. it's more like gelato. I had 2 scoops. One of the salty caramel and one of the vegan Mexican chocolate.

Comments

Popular Posts