Baco Mercat in Downtown LA/ Gallery Row

WHAT A LUNCH!!! That was amazing. So, I got my clips sharpened at Ross Cutlery on Broadway and since I was in the area, I wanted to eat at this place I've been passing by on my bike to work for apparently a year and a half. Baco Mercat is located at 408 South main Street, LA CA 90013, 213-687-8808. I strolled into the dining area and sat at the bar. I like sitting at the bar for some reason. It feels like you're more involved with the backstage culture or something. Not knowing anything about this place, I ordered the Bazole; spicy broth with homemade noodles, pork chile, pork and beef carnitas (fried little squares) and a fried egg. i had no idea it was going to be as spicy as it was. it made it a fab experience. I told the server/bar master it was like "Good Theater" and he seemed to enjoy that. The Baby Beet salad was a great intro with yogurt, sumac and hazelnut. What a great place and if I ever start dating again, this will be on the list. in the meantime, it'll be the bar counter for me and I am very cool with that. What a FIND!!!!

Comments

Popular Posts