Diner on Main in Alhambra






After two weeks since my daughters high school made a run for the State Finals, she was back on the court with her friends in the Asian League, playing a tournament in Alhambra. She had 2 games Sunday. After the first game, one of the other fathers, Koji, his younger daughter and I went to go get a bite to eat. Honestly, we escaped. it was a cold gym and those benches are very hard. All the other parents, siblings, coaches and the team stayed back to get ready for game 2. I felt a little guilty but oh well. Koji Terada is a foodie. He's slim but the dude loves to eat so I was anxious to see where he was taking us. A block and a half away from Alhambra High is Diner on Main, 201 W Main St. Alhambra CA 91801, 626-281-3488. This place has a nostalgic decor that is inspired by a love for the 50's. Koji ordered the fried rice. Fried rice? We must be in Alhambra. I ordered the Monte Cristo. This is like a donut sandwich. It's two huge french toasts with turkey and ham with a cream sauce. For the record, the server recommended the Club. I should have ordered that but the MC was fun to eat. It's intense, decadent and extremely filling. Because I ate all of it and the fries it came with, I couldn't order the banana split. I must return for the banana split. I must....

Comments

Popular Posts