Dewars in Bakersfield






I first learned about Dewars when I ordered a banana split at Mickey's Fountain in Hollywood. They have this amazing whip cream topping that is like a sugary cream foam that hovers over the ice cream like a wave frozen in time. OOOhhhh. So recently, my daughter's team made it to the CA regional playoffs and we had to drive to Porterville CA. Bakersfield is along the way so I made sure I had enough time to find and eat at Dewars, 1120 Eye St Bakresfield CA. The banana split became my dinner. It had that infamous whip cream but the ice cream was very understated. On one hand, it framed the whip cream,bringing it to the forefront but on the other hand, in the end, all you really have is the ice cream and the subtleness of it makes for a strange home stretch. However, Dewar's is a must visit and I was very happy to finally have made it there. Lastly, I do appreciate the server giving me extra crushed almonds. That was awesome.

Comments

Popular Posts