Boiling Crab on Wilshire









I once went to a Boiling Crab on the westside but it has since closed and I really enjoyed it that one time. I was very happy to hear from my co-worker Erina Hong, that there was one on Wilshire so off my daughter and I went. Erina did mention that if you get there during dinner time, be prepared to wait and mann was she not kidding. We waited for 90 minutes. We took a little walk across the street, saw a memorial for Robert Kennedy, shopped at Big Five and walked down the street. Luckily, they had a HD TV in the window of the Boiling Crab, so my daughter and I along with sixty + others who were waiting for their table inside, watched the Laker's beat the Celtics. Without that second half, we may have left for another restaurant. Once we were in, the place was crazy energy. We ordered crab and spicy cooked corn. You choose what spices and level of hotness you want with the crab as well as the corn. They shake it in a plastic bag and then you eat it with your hands, from the bag, pouring the content and shells onto the wax paper table cloth. It was delicious. Was it worth 90 minutes? I am not sure. Try to get there before the dinner rush. Mind you, this was Friday night, so we were in the thick of it.

Comments

Popular Posts