Creme De La Creme LBC






Creme De La Creme, is a French crepe/food cafe chain. I was in the East Village in Long Beach for Soundwalk 2009 this Saturday. Kio and I (Otonomiyaki) were participating in the one night sound festival with our project, Sound Taxi. We drove approx 60 people around in the back seat (not at the same time) where they could jam to our sound track while playing circuit bent Casios. Creme De La Creme is located at 400 E. 1st St., Long Beach, CA 90802, (562) 437-2222. I arrived early to set up and decided to eat something before I started. I ordered a Steamed Artichoke Salad that was really wonderful and full of flavor. The artichoke was tender and each bite, along with the dipping creme was memorable. I also ordered a crepe. It was a challenge to pick one from the list but I settled on the Douce, which consisted of Nutella, fresh mangos and vanilla ice cream. I was surprised by a visit from Frauke, one of the members of Flood who organized the 6th annual Soundwalk. Frauke was kind enough to translate the story by Jean de la Fontaine that I kept staring at on the ceiling. Actually, this was translated after she gave a heartfelt performance/reading of it to all of us. It was awesome!

Comments

Popular Posts