The Impossible Burger at Fat Burgers

I was speaking to William Roper, sound master and chef and he was explaining to me the Impossible Burger. Wow, I hadn't heard of it. William did the research and said the most affordable version is at Fat Burgers. Now, if he cook this medium, there's actually blood like drips out of the patty, which is weird because this is not meat. Maybe it's beets? I am not sure how they construct this. So I was hungry on the westside and saw a Fat Burgers and figured this was my chance. It's about $9. I have to say I was happily surprised. It's really good. I'd like to try it at one of the other restaurants they are assigned to, like Umami Burger. I'd like to taste the patty if it drips. There's a bunch of reasons why they worked so hard to simulate beef but what's important is they nailed it.

Comments

Popular Posts