Lapis in Washington DC

Afghanistan. What conjures the mind? I've never been there but I know it's a place riddled with conflict and our Nation is one of the keys to its consternation. It's also a place of rich and complex history and you can find evidence of this in their food. Just check out the menu: http://www.lapisdc.com/supper-menu/ So they day I completed my participation in Sound Scene 2018 at the Hirshhorn Museum, I was introduced to DJ Sam Gordon via friends at the Smithsonian. For some reason, after all the clean up and thank you's we ended up together. he gave me a tour of his neighborhood and since we were both hungry, one of his favs, Lapis, 1847 Columbia Rd NW, Washington, DC 20009. I don't think I ever had this level of Afghan cuisine before. This place is exceptional. The vibe alone is so cool, welcoming and slightly chic. We had a great time and the rice dishes were so amazing but this dumpling dish, WOW!!! I will never forget those dumplings.

Comments

Popular Posts