Oshogatsu 2012








A belated Happy New Year to everyone. I wanted to share some images of my families Oshogatsu, the Japanese ala LA-hybrid we do each year. It's only immediate family, which is basically sixteen or so people in the course of an afternoon. It's fun, familiar and annual. In the past couple of years, my aunt and uncle, who had a business in Vegas, moved in with us. Part of the national or international economic breakdown, they now live with us within this 1913 triplex. I guess it's more like my aunt has returned, because this house, that my grandparents left us, is the architectural axis of our family. It's where all my mother's siblings grew up, having immigrated to LA in the 50's. 2011, was a rough year for many on so faceted fronts. I really pray, a well as a pagan can, that 2012 is much brighter of an experience for all of us because that year was uber-crazy!!!!

Comments

Popular Posts