Kobbler King



There's a Kobbler King on Jefferson just west of Crenshaw. I've passed by it several times but I have never seen it open. There's an sign in the front window but it always says closed. Maybe I've missed their hours, I guess. I have asked my friends and people I have meet who live or work around the area and no one has ever been to it. It's next door to a gospel records shop. Last week, I was talking to Coach Julian, Girls Varsity Basketball Coach at Culver City High, who grew up in this neighborhood and is a foodie. He said that it's more of a catering place but you can buy the pies at the Albertson's on Venice Blvd at Culver Blvd (in the mall with the Ross and Starbucks). So, determined to try a Kobbler King pie, I drove to Albertsons. It's not in the dessert section. I must have walked around the market three times before I found them. Of course, I could have asked but you know how it is. Anyway, they have their own rack in front of the dairy section. They had Peach Cobblers and Pumpkin Pies. I bought a mini pumpkin pie and ate that in the car, it was delicious; really good. Not too sweet but sweet enough, tender and the crust was cookie like. The peach cobbler was dessert for a party I was on my way to. Our friend Danny is moving to Alabama and we were sending him off. I thought the peach cobbler was appropriate. I left the cobbler on the dessert table at the party and when i came back an hour later to the table, the pan was empty. Everyone said it was delicious. I'll have to take their word for it.

Comments

Popular Posts