Mom's Tamales in Highland Park






I had lunch with my long time friend, artist Dana Liston last week. Jeffrey James Mohr told me about Mom's Tamales so I took advantage of the lunch and headed over there with Dana. They are located at 3328 Pasadena Avenue LA CA 90031, 323 226 9383. Coincidentally, the moment we sat down to out 12:45 linch, someone had come in and bought all the tamales they had. So we had no choice but to order from the menu. Dana had a carnitas taco plate and I had the Chile Rellenos combo. The shredded beef in the carnitas tacos looked good. I think Dana found them to be just "ok". However, my Chile Rellenos was awesome. Fresh, tender and lots of cheese. I really enjoyed the salsa they served and my Jamaica was delicious. Can't wait to go back and actually have the tamales.

Comments

Popular Posts