Mac and Cheeza in Downtown LA







Another place I finally made it to this week. Mac and Cheeza in Downtown LA, 223 W 8th St LA CA 90014 213 622 3782. When we arrived outside, I looked through the window and it looked closed. I got an odd sense about the place because it didn't exactly read like a place to get comfort food, which of course mac and cheese is. "The doors open" discovered my friend, designer Noam Maitless. in we went. There's a very sterile kind of interior at first but as you start to look around, the macaroni artwork, macaroni murals and they're very cool logo begin to raise the aesthetic bar. You choose what you want in and on your mac and cheese. You also have choices, lots of them. Elbow macaroni or rice penne type. I chose elbow, extra cheese, peas and chorizo. It was actually quite delicious. However, this is it. Mac and cheese is all they have and unless your going to eat a gallon of it, you're left with a sense of, where do we go next? Noam and I chose Baby Cakes, just three blocks away.

Comments

Popular Posts