Yamashiro




I never thought I'd write about Yamashiro's, 1999 N. Sycamore Avenue, Hollywood CA 90068, 323-466-5125. It's above the Magic Castle two block north of Hollywood and Highland on that steep road up. There's a lot of history associated with this amazing Japanese style mansion.

Back in the day, the food was really horrible. It was a joke in the LA Japanese food community but several years ago, they turned it around. Last night was my first time there since the change. Two friends reccomended it to me in the past six months so I decided to go.

We had Tuna Tataki, Yuzu Ceasar Salad, Rolls, Baby Back Ribs, etc. It was all very rich and delicious. We also decided to drink healthy, so we ordered their non-alchohol elixirs. I had a ginseng and lemon drink, it was refreshing, subtle and reminded me of a virgin mojito.

The interior is beautiful but it's the night view of the city from the front garden that's amazing. By the way, we spent close to $150 for three people.

Comments

Popular Posts