La Ciudad



I'd been here before but not in seven years or so. La Ciudad, 445 South Figueroa St., LA CA 90019.

It was pretty much the same place; trendy interior, cool-folk servers, RSVP just in case, and loud as heck in the interior dinning room (it's hard to carry on a conversation unless everyone at the table has their projector actors voice! The outdoor patio is much more pleasant but it was just too hot and humid today.

I ordered the El Cuban, their Cuban sandwhich. It was awesome and came with garlic fries. The meat was tender, maybe too much mayo for my taste, and Delicious bread, all pressed into a semi tight hand held meal. I also had the watermelon lemonade which was very refreshing and not too sweet.

The last time I was here, I ordered the miniature banana split. I ordered it again this time and didn't have the same experience. Maybe I should wait till the weather gets cooler. The coffee ice cream was already melted by the time it got to our table. I love the little banana's they use but the amount of rich cream was to intense.

Comments

Young Mi said…
not sure why you listed this place if your experience is mostly negative...the food is a real hit or miss. i always get the beef salad--thin skirt steak on a bed of watercress and fried egg (maybe i just want the fried egg...) and always get the minty lime cooler (virgin mojito, really).
CAFE LA LA said…
I guess I post it out of respect to the Two Hot Tamales. I really appreciate what they've done.

Popular Posts