Walnut Cafe in Philadelphia PA







 Walking around Philadelphia PA one morning, I got a little hungry and started looking at my options; Hoggies, breakfast spots, Indian food, pizza, the list goes on and on but I rounded a corner and saw this sign: "Try our Bibimbap." It had that stencil feel so first i thought it was some sort of graffitti.

WHAAAATTTT? I did a double take and just stared at this subterranean door way. Is this a joke? So I opened the door and BOOM!!! it's a cafe in there. It took me a bit to adjust once inside. What is this?

It turns out this Korean Family has been running this cafe for years now.

So I ordered the Bibimpap with Bulgogi, naturally. I saw these rice balls at the counter and asked if they made them there. "Yes", I picked one up and it was still warm. WHAAAATTTT? I added the Kimchee to my brunch. Look at the rice! this is no ordinary rice ball.

Upstairs is the dining area. I ate everything with much happiness. What a find!

Located at 703 Walnut Street, Philadelphia PA 19106

Comments

Popular Posts