Ramen Utsuke in Baltimore Maryland





I went to the four day Oral History Association Annual Conference last week. One day at lunch time, I walked out to a chilly-windy afternoon and came across this corporate looking high rise which had a store with "ramen" in the title. Of course, given the snob I am, I was like hell no ...

But, it was cold, so I peeked inside and gave it a try.

I ordered the Tonkotsu Ramen with a small salad.

There's a lot that can go wrong with ramen as you know. I've ordered many bowls that were sub-par or just disappointing; tasteless broth, over cooked noodles, cold pork slices, etc.

When the bowl came and I slurped up my first mouthful of noodles and I smiled.

It's good to once in a while bypass your prejudice and open your mind.

414 Light Street, Baltimore MD 21202

 

Comments

Popular Posts