El Taco Charo in Carson CA






 

Located at 940 E Dominguez St., Carson CA 90746, otherwise known as the mall with the IKEA in Carson, visible from the 405 freeway. The mall is like a little village with several blocks of retail and restaurants. Tucked in the south end is El Taco Charo.

My friend Allison Dela Cruz, formerly the manager of the Aratani Theater at JACCC in Little Tokyo, recommended this place. Allison said they were a popular family-run taco stand and this is their first brick and mortar.

Devon Tsuno and I went last week after I presented a project to his class of Seniors art students at CalState Dominguez Hills, just down the street.

I ordered three tacos: pollo, lengua and al pastor. They were delicious but I wondered what they must have tasted like back in the days of the taco stand. I wonder if it's the same or not.

Devon ordered the enchilada, which he said was good.

Overall, the food was "good" but not exceptional. I'd go back but if I was introduced to a good taco stand near by I'd probably go that way.

Comments

Popular Posts