influx in San Diego







I decided to trek down to the SD to check out the exhibits down there that are part of PST. I went to the PHENOMENAL exhibit about the CA light movement at both their La Jolla and Downtown SD spaces. I loved it and highly recommend these shows. I also dropped by the Mengei Museum in Balboa Park and saw the SD Craft Revolution exhibit which was a pleasant surprise. The exhibit was well curated and presented and the pieces are amazing. The only meal I had while in SD was in between these spots. I found influx at 1948 Broadway, SD CA 92102. It's a clean, modern but modest coffee spot with a solid menu of salad and sandwiches. I ordered an organic Guatemala medium roast coffee that was very good, the Arugula Salad (arugula, balsamic vinegar, grapes, walnuts, baked tofu, bleu cheese) and a toasted Everything Bagel with cream cheese. This was a very comfortable and cool looking place. If in the area, drop by and get a decent cup of jo.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hi Alan,
Noel and I were in San Diego on Saturday taking in the California light exhibits also. What fun. I love how many of the pieces play with perception.
Sheila
CAFE LA LA said…
Sweet! Did you go to both exhibits, Downtown and La Jolla. Did you get a chance to go to the Mingei Museum? More importantly, and great places to eat?
Anonymous said…
Hi Alan,
Went to all three exhibits plus Orange County Museum. When visiting the museum in La Jolla we always eat at the museum restaurant, good modern food. Noel and I stayed with friends who feed us well.
~Sheila
CAFE LA LA said…
Oh, that sounds very cool. The Orange is where the Conceptual Art exhibit is, right? I need to go to that one, too.

Popular Posts