Euro Market Bakery and Deli in Huntington Beach






Sandy Yang and Gabie Strong of Lady Noise invited me to a music gear swap meet at Huntington Beach's Old World Mall, German inspired mall of places to eat, buy and drink. I bought 2 used maple 24" bass drum hoops for $15. I couldn't believe it. I was stoked. I mean that's crazy talk! Anyway, Sandy was like, oh we gotta have breakfast at this bakery there. When we walked into the cool little place, the restaurant wasn't open yet so we ordered at the sausage counter. Bakery was open. I ordered this sausage called Landjaeger which was a delicious jerky kind of sausage. Really rich, I could only eat half of one. We ordered two pastries, the Berliner which was jelly donut like and very sweet and the Apple Streusel which was dense and tasty. We also ordered breakfast plates which didn't seem very German. I also bought this bread Sandy recommended, Bauernbrot. I can't describe this bread. It's not a rye but it's in that ballpark. Thinly sliced, when toasted you have to be careful to not over toast or your left with a cracker but it's tasty, especially in the sandwich context.

Comments

Popular Posts