Tak's Coffee Shop in Crenshaw Square



You know I usually have lunch but today I didn't need lunch. Guess why? Because I went to Tak's Coffee Shop for breakfast. Once upon a time, there was a bowling alley at Crenshaw Square called Holiday Bowl. In the bowling alley was a cafe famous for it's ramen, seimen, fried rice, just to name a few things. When the LA riots erupted in the early 90's, the bowling alley went up in flames. Many missed that place including the food at the cafe. The couple who had run it decided years later to open their own place in the same mall when things settled down. Since then, the old clientele and new folk have been discovering or re-discovering all this authentic comfort food at Tak's, 3870 Crenshaw Blvd LA CA 90008. I had the Portuguese sausage and eggs. It was delicious but it filled me up for the rest of the day. They even have chili and rice, chashu pork sandwich and something called Tak's Delight Sandwich which consists of roast beef and American cheese. You know I'm going back. ADDITION; I have been back a number of times and I have to say that the Loco-Moco is probably my favorite.

Comments

Popular Posts