Chili Johns in Burbank





Established in 1900? Are you kidding me? This is the oldest cafe in the Valley. Chili John's of California is located at 2018 W. Burbank Blvd, Burbank CA 91506, 8818-846-3611. I finally made it last week. Actually fellow foodie Scott McConnell told me about years ago but it took a meeting in Sun Valley to in the vicinity around lunchtime. The exterior is cool, authentic and aged. The interior is small and comfortable with a horseshoe counter with red vinyl seats. In the center is the selection of chili's with hot dogs and pasta's. They'll make any combo you want and any degree of spiciness you want. I had the Sloppy John's with spicy chili. It cleared my sinuses which is great because it's allergy season. Maybe this what people used before Clariten. I had my chili drenched Sloppy John with spaghetti. It was sooooo good and spicy to the bone. I was still hungry when I finished it (I get extra headroom when I get excited). I ordered the chili hot dog. The wiener is not your store bought variety, this is from a local butcher who makes out of some choice pork stuff and it is DEElicious. My friend Angelene ordered a chili too and we shared a cream pie. The pies are made fresh there. The slice we ate just made 10 minutes earlier and was not only still warm but fantastically fresh to the taste.

Comments

Popular Posts