Short Order at Farmer's Market

I Last week, on a whim, I decided to ride my bike to LACMA and check out some shows. I really enjoyed the Michael Heizer exhibit of life-size photos of rocks around the world. The photos are huge and each image has the rock and a person in front of the rock. The photos are installed in such a way that the person in the photo stands right at the bottom edge of the image. So, naturally, museum visitors like to stand right against the photo and pretend they are net to that rock. I really like this installation and it's inter-active design. I met with my friend and poet Alicia Vogl Saenz who works at LACMA. She was just getting off work so we went and had dinner at Farmer's Market up the street. We chose Short Order, 6333 W 3rd St #110, LA CA 90036, 323-228-5109. We both wanted to eat light so we shared a cobb salad and a mushroom hamburger but of course once I saw the ice cream sandwich on the menu, my initial intentions flew out the window. This is a great little place and I would love to go back someday and have some red wine with the burger.

Comments

Popular Posts