Fugetsudo in Little Tokyo




Fugetsudo in Little Tokyo is classic LA. Around since 1903, this Japanese confectionary store is not only a great place to get your manjyu fix but also to pick up various chocolates, crackers, candies, drops, etc. from Japan. They are located at 315 East 1st Street, LA CA 90012. I've been going there for about 47 years and every time I go in, I am always treated like it's my first time there and they need to explain to me what a manjyu is. It's quite strange. It might be my American English? They assume I don't speak Japanese and therefore know nothing about Japanese culture. I go anyway. It's just too awesome of a place. On top of that, they have always been so supportive of the community. My kids had a field trip there when they were in grade school. I always appreciated that.

Comments

Popular Posts