Le Petit Greek on Larchmont




My dear friend, artist Steven M. Irvin's birthday is the day after Christmas. He wasn't in town this year so I took him out for lunch last week. We went to Le Petit Greek is located at 127 North Larchmont Blvd. LA CA 90004, 323-464-5160. I ordered the lamb shank, which came in a tomato based sauce and a side of potatoes. The meat was so tender it fell off the bone. I also took the bone home and our dog whittled it down to a nub in 30 minutes, so we both enjoyed it. Steve got the Pastitsio, I think. I can't remember what its called but it too was delicious, a ground beef and cheese type of hot dish with spices. We ended the meal with a delicious Greek coffee. They have three styles, a bitter and thick; a semi sweet and less thick; and a very sweet and thin. we took the middle road. By the way, our server was awesome. All of our choices was based on her recommendations. They have outdoor and indoor seating. It was a little chilly so they had the heaters going which made for a very wonderful Sunday morning experience on Larchmont.

Comments

Popular Posts